Mosquitoes are often a nuisance during warmer months. They multiply quickly and can become a problem if you do not take steps to control their population. But as with most pests, control starts with prevention.
Not only are mosquitoes a nuisance, but their bites can also be itchy and irritating. What’s more, these pests can also carry pathogens that may cause diseases making them a serious health threat.
Mosquitoes bite during the day and night. Use insect repellent, wear long-sleeved shirts and pants, treat clothing and gear, and take steps to control mosquitoes indoors and outdoors.
Protect yourself and your family from mosquito bites :
-Use registered mosquito repellents. Always follow the product label instructions.
-Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants
-Take steps to control mosquitoes indoors and outdoors
- Use screens on windows and doors. Repair holes in screens to keep mosquitoes outdoors.
- Use air conditioning, if available.
- Stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in or near water.
Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover, or throw out items that hold water, such as tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpots, or trash containers.
- Sleep under a mosquito bed net if you are outside or in a room that does not have screens.
Everyone Can Help Control Mosquitoes
Mosquito control is something anyone can do, ranging from individual home owners to professionals.
- You can control mosquitoes in your home.
- You, your neighbors, and the community can also take steps to reduce mosquitoes in and around your home and in your neighborhood.
- Professionals from local municipality departments or mosquito control districts develop mosquito control plans, perform tasks to control larvae and adult mosquitoes, and evaluate the effectiveness of actions taken.
Integrated Mosquito Management in Pylos- Nestor municipality
Mosquito control programs in Pylos- Nestor municipality use an integrated mosquito management (IMM) or integrated vector management (IVM) approach to control mosquitoes. IMM uses a combination of methods to prevent and control mosquitoes that spread diseases.
IMM uses methods to control mosquitoes based on an understanding of mosquito biology, the mosquito life cycle, in order to develop plans for controlling mosquitoes. IMM uses methods that, when followed correctly, are safe and have been scientifically proven to reduce mosquito populations.
- Everyone can help control mosquitoes.
- Professionals from local government departments or mosquito control districts develop mosquito control plans, perform tasks to control larvae and adult mosquitoes, and evaluate the effectiveness of actions taken.
You, your neighbors, and the community can also take steps to reduce mosquitoes in and around your home and in your neighborhood.